[gmx-users] soft-core and coulomb transformation

Berk Hess gmx3 at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 12 18:09:12 CET 2007

Hi,

I am afraid you might be right.

I thought I had fixed all checks when implementing free energy for PME.
But it seems that the splines are only constructed for particles with
non-zero
A charges.
If this is the (only) problem, it can easily be checked by replacing
in pme.c in spread_on_grid both lines:
if (!bHaveSplines) {
by
if (TRUE) {

If this is the problem, I will fix it, but then (probably) still retaining
the optimization of using the B-splines only once.

I guess normally one would choose the B-state to be the zero state.
But for mutation studies this bug (if it is really the problem) could
give small errors that one might not notice directly...

Berk.