[gmx-users] trjconv does not work

Ran Friedman r.friedman at bioc.uzh.ch
Mon Nov 19 18:25:07 CET 2007

What I meant is: do you save the trajectory every 0.1ps?

The problem seem to be that trjconv isn't able to find any frame between
t=0.1ps and t=0.2ps. So, if you save you data every 1ps, there's no data
in your .xtc file. This is why Xavier suggested to use gmxcheck, that
will tell you both how many steps you have in the xtc and what's the
timestep.

I agree that trjconv is more convenient than VMD for this.
Ran.