[gmx-users] how to write the correct top file for membraneprotein system?

Hadas Leonov hleonov at cc.huji.ac.il
Sun Nov 25 10:26:18 CET 2007

Hi Liang,

Do you have to define ffoplsaa.itp in your top file? isn't it enough to
generate your protein topology with the OPLS forcefield using pdb2gmx and
include the protein's generated itp files?

I don't use OPLS, but my own definition of the .top file goes like this:

; generic + lipid topology
#include "ffgmx.itp"
#include "lipid.itp"
#include "dmpc.itp"
#include "ions.itp"

; protein
#include "chain_A.itp"
#include "chain_B.itp"
#include "chain_C.itp"
#include "chain_D.itp"

; water
#include "spc.itp"

Rest of my molecule definitions are similar (protein first, then lipid, then
water, and finally ions to neutralize the system).

Hope it helps,
Hadas.