[gmx-users] pdb2gmx error

Tawhid Ezaz ezaztaw at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 27 01:51:31 CET 2007

Hi,

I have just started to learn gromacs. I am facing a problem to make topology file of a myoglobin. I got the pdb file from the csc tutorial.

When i am running the pdb2gmx with

pdb2gmx -f conf.pdb -p topol.top

i get the message, HEME148 CAB1428   0.569
 HEME148 CAC1437   0.562   0.820
N-terminus: NH3+
C-terminus: COO-
Now there are 148 residues with 1451 atoms
Program pdb2gmx, VERSION 3.3.1
Source code file: pdb2top.c, line: 570

Fatal error:
atom N not found in residue 1ACE while combining tdb and rtp

I was using 43a1 force field (0), {but none of them works}.

i read some previous post and got the idea that there should be a N atom with should be linked with ACE, but my conf.pdb files does not have any. I have topol.top file from the tutorial but didn't show how I can generate that.

I am a totally newbie, thus I am wondering what should I do. Which file I should correct to get rid of those? Do I need to know the bonding of every atom in the molecule for that?

Thanks in advance

Tawhid