[gmx-users] pdb2gmx error

Tsjerk Wassenaar tsjerkw at gmail.com
Wed Nov 28 09:33:45 CET 2007

Hi Tawhid,

The file you got was in the format used by the _program_ GROMOS. But this
format is not supported by pdb2gmx/Gromacs. The GROMOS _forcefield_ is a set
of equations and parameters, which stands apart from the formatting of the
building blocks. You could've at least taken a bit of effort to look at the
other building block definitions, and you would've seen the differences.
Also, the fact that you got complaints about "#" should have been indicative
to you that you were doing something wrong. In regards the building blocks
(the .rtp file), read Chapter 5 (notably 5.5). This should help you to
convert the GROMOS format building block to a Gromacs format one.

Tsjerk

Tsjerk A. Wassenaar, Ph.D.
Junior UD (post-doc)
Biomolecular NMR, Bijvoet Center