[gmx-users] grompp error

chris.neale at utoronto.ca chris.neale at utoronto.ca
Tue Oct 9 20:42:40 CEST 2007

>> ERROR: The cut-off length is longer than half the shortest box vector
>> or longer than the smallest box diagonal element. Increase the box
>> size or decrease rlist.

> try to "Increase the box size or decrease rlist."  <= as ERROR
> message suggests

Yes, technically you could decrease rlist (rcoulomb actually in this
case), but in that case make sure that you know what you are getting
into. I would advise against that unless you are sure that you
understand the implications. I think that this is a particularly
dangerous error message and should be modified in future gromacs
distributions.

PS, I see that you actually do have the line:
pcoupl               = berendsen
which I had not seen previously when I said:
> WARNING: did you even turn on constant pressure? I think not.
> However  you have set some variables for constant pressure ... this
> is not the  same as turning it on. Look at the mdp options for
> pressure coupling.
So I was incorrect there.