[gmx-users] New user, familiar with MD, unfamiliar with GROMACS, want to run simulation of protein in membrane

maria goranovic mariagoranovic at gmail.com
Tue Sep 4 15:46:07 CEST 2007

Hi All,

I am a brand new user of GROMACS, and want to run a simulation of a protein
embedded in a large POPC lipid bilayer. I am familiar with MD in general
(have used NAMD before).

It would be very helpful if you could please advise me where to start ?
Specifically:

- which force field versions to use ? I understand there are various
versions within GROMACS ?
- how to setup systems ?

I am sure this must be a fairly common question, and a repository with the
necessary directions probably exists for new users like me ?

Thank you very much in advance for your help,

Sincerely,

-Maria

--
Maria G.