[gmx-users] How to use PRODRG to help new user do gromacs?

Yafei Dai ydai at gmu.edu
Wed Sep 5 20:03:59 CEST 2007

Hi, all,
I am a new user of gromacs and I read the manual and tutorial but I still get confused.
I need your help.

>From PRODRG, I got four *.top files, one *.itp file and three *.PDB files and some other files. In my system, I don't have any solvents, no any waters and no any ion.

I take the "DRGCNS.TOP  : CNS topology file" and "DRGGMX.ITP  : GROMACS .itp file" and "DRGFIN.GRO  : final coordinates in GROMOS87 format" to gromacs and do "grompp -v", but I get error as below shows:

Fatal error: number of coordinates in coordinate file (drgfin.gro, 15)
             does not match topology (drgcns.top, 0)

what can I do now? Thank you for you help.
yafei