[gmx-users] Correlation Matrix Calculation

Arneh Babakhani ababakha at mccammon.ucsd.edu
Wed Sep 5 20:37:51 CEST 2007

Thanks Tsjerk,

One other question, regarding the covar.dat file (the covariance matrix
that's outputted when using the -ascii flag):

I dont' quite understand the format of it.  In the manual, it states:
"The order of the elements is: x1x1, x1y1, x1z1, x1x2, ..."

Does "1" and "2" refer to the particles in the group?  I'm asking b/c my
particular covar.dat file is of dimmensions 1934427 X 3 , for a group of
about 100 atoms and a traj of 1 NS.  Just trying to make sense out of it
. . .

Thanks,

Arneh