[gmx-users] Generating a solvent box

Dilraj Lama dennis at iitk.ac.in
Mon Sep 10 20:52:43 CEST 2007

Hello justin,
             Here is what I did.I initially defined a cubic box into which
I placed the TFE molecule.This I did using editconf.Then I
used genconf with the follwing command.

 genconf_mpi -f tfe-box-four.gro -o out-four.pdb -nbox 5 5 5

Yes I am able to generate a regular arrangment of the TFE molecules.

But what I want to do now is to have a predfined cubic box dimension which
I want to solvate with a fixed number of TFE molecules corresponding to a
given density.

Thanks for your response.