[gmx-users] Odd error

David van der Spoel spoel at xray.bmc.uu.se
Tue Sep 18 20:27:43 CEST 2007

Christopher Stiles wrote:
> If you look at the error it is including the next part of the command with
> the previous. If you look the error is the following:
>
> ###########################
> File input/output error:
>
> SWNT_6_6_144.gro -cs.gro
> ###########################
>
> It should evaluate one at a time "-cs" should not have ".gro" affixed to it
> when the command is evaluated. Also I looked it over a few times there is no
> typos and all the files are in the directory in which I am running the
> command.

You're right. I don't understand. Anything changed in your environment?
Or could there be hidden characters in place of which a space is
printed? May be you can try to replace the space by another space.
Did you move the files between dos and unix machines?
The arguments are gobbled together into one, also in the editconf command.

> To give another example it happened when I ran the editconf as well:
>
> ##################
> -bash-3.00$ editconf -f SWNT_6_6_144.pdb -o SWNT_6_6_144.gro -d 1.0
>                          :-)  G  R  O  M  A  C  S  (-:
> .
> .
> .
> Program editconf, VERSION 3.3.1
> Source code file: statutil.c, line: 799
>
> Invalid command line argument:
> 1.0
>
> Mind you earlier today I ran these exact same commands with the same files
> and it worked fine.
>
> Thank you,
> ~Christopher Stiles
> College of Nanoscale Science and Engineering (CNSE)
> State University of New York, Albany, New York 12203, USA

David van der Spoel, Ph.D.