[gmx-users] ffamber updates

Maik Goette mgoette at mpi-bpc.mpg.de
Fri Sep 28 11:57:44 CEST 2007

Hi Eric

Thanks for doing that great job concerning the amberFF for GROMACS.
I recently came across this paper:
http://www.biophysj.org/cgi/content/abstract/92/11/3817?maxtoshow=&HITS=10&hits=10&RESULTFORMAT=&searchid=1&FIRSTINDEX=0&volume=92&firstpage=3817&resourcetype=HWCIT

There Perez et al refined new alpha/gamma angles for nucleic acids. They
claim, that these dihedrals in the original amber99 lead to irreversible
  transitions, which have an influence on the correct conformation of
NA-strands.

I thought about including them in the amber99-GROMACS port, but maybe
it's better if you do, because you have more experience in building the
amber-ports. What do you think?

I didn't read the paper according to your 99sb-port yet. Do you think it
makes sense to switch from the amber99 to amber99sb?

Regards

Maik Goette, Dipl. Biol.
Theoretical & computational biophysics department
Am Fassberg 11
37077 Goettingen
Germany
Tel.  : ++49 551 201 2310