[gmx-users] Help improving multi core processor's speed

fabracht sdf fabracht at gmail.com
Thu Apr 10 01:20:59 CEST 2008

Hello. I was reading the Gromacs manual in order to see if how I can improve
my processor's performance. I am using an intel core 2 quad processor to run
dynamics. On page 194 of the manual ther is something written about using
multiple core processors and modifying parameters in mdrun so that you can
actually take advantage of those extra processors.
I would like some information on how to (if it is actually possible) really
improve my dynamic's calculation.
Please remember that i am not used to many of the programming language I
usually see here, so if you can suggest any further reading that is newbie
compatible, i would really appreciate that.
Thank you in advance
Fabrício Bracht