[gmx-users] Help, cannot compile with mpi

fabracht sdf fabracht at gmail.com
Sat Apr 12 19:19:22 CEST 2008

I've tried to recompile gromacs, this time i tried to enable mpi so tha t i
can run in parallel. I did what you advised in my last post. I've checked on
the gromacs homepage, and tried to find instructions for that. Eventually
what i did was.
In the gromacs directory i typed:
make distclean

and then i wrote the command line described below.
i says it can't compile and link mpi code with cc.
lam-mpi is already installed, i would really appreciate some help with this
problem.
Thank you

root at ubuntu-desktop:~/Desktop/gromacs-3.3.3#./configure --enable-mpi

checking for gawk... no
checking for mawk... mawk
checking how to create a ustar tar archive... gnutar
checking for cc... cc
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether cc accepts -g... yes
checking for cc option to accept ISO C89... none needed
checking dependency style of cc... gcc3
checking dependency style of cc... gcc3
checking for mpxlc... no
checking for mpicc... no
checking for mpcc... no
checking for hcc... no
checking whether the MPI cc command works... configure: error: Cannot
compile and link MPI code with cc