[gmx-users] Installation problem on Mac OS-X

Zuowei Wang wangzw at umich.edu
Wed Apr 23 23:20:18 CEST 2008

Dear All,

I am trying to install Gromacs-3.3.3 on a Power Mac G5 with the
system version of
Mac OS X 10.4.11 and kernel version of Darwin 8.11.0. After the
successful
installation of fftw-3.1.2 into a directory (using --prefix) of /
programs/fftw312/, the
installation of gromacs-3.3.3 failed. Here are the operations I did:

./configure --prefix=/programs/gromacs333 --exec-prefix=/programs/
gromacs333
make >& log

Below is the output of the log file, indicating the problems. It
failed at the point of
"Set SIMD unit to use non-java rounding mode" in the
ppc_altivec_util.h file.
I am not sure whether this has something to do with the system
configuration.

Could anybody give me some suggestions on what's the problem and/or
how to fix it?

Many Thanks!

Zuowei