[gmx-users] area per lipid

Kukol, Andreas a.kukol at herts.ac.uk
Tue Apr 29 10:44:02 CEST 2008

Hi,

First note that 0.658 is in nm^2 per lipid, while you quoted the box dimensions in Angstrom.

If you include the standard error of 0.009 nm^2, you will see that box size of the snapshot is within the error margin. The standard error is the sample standard deviation divided by sqr(N), with N = number of observations. That means individual snapshots can deviate even more from the average than the standard error would imply.

Hope this is helpful/

Andreas