[gmx-users] gromos function type assigned by grompp

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Fri Aug 8 01:46:07 CEST 2008

Romelia Salomon wrote:
> Ok, for my ligand I was using the Dundee PRODRG Server and the file
> produced reads like this for example:
>

> [ bonds ]
> ; ai  aj  fu    c0, c1, ...
>    1   2   1    0.153    334720.0    0.153    334720.0 ;   CAB  CAE
>    2   3   1    0.139    418400.0    0.139    418400.0 ;   CAE  CAD
>    3   4   1    0.139    418400.0    0.139    418400.0 ;   CAD  CAC
>    4   5   1    0.153    334720.0    0.153    334720.0 ;   CAC  CAA
>
> I was under the impression this site would be using GROMOS as the
> forcefield, and actually the parameters do match the ones found in the
> files share/top/ffgmx*.itp, would that be a bug from the website?

No, there's no bug, you've just said it - the parameters come from ffgmx!  The
PRODRG server was originally for use with Gromos87-derived parameters.  If
you're interested in using Gromos96 topologies (the 43a1 parameter set), you're
better off using PRODRG2.5 at:

http://davapc1.bioch.dundee.ac.uk/cgi-bin/prodrg_beta

-Justin