[gmx-users] Re: categorization

Vitaly Chaban chaban at univer.kharkov.ua
Wed Aug 13 10:56:57 CEST 2008

> Message: 5
> Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2008 18:21:51 -0400
> From: "Justin A. Lemkul" <jalemkul at vt.edu>
> Subject: Re: [gmx-users] Re: requested for GROMACS package
> To: vvchaban at gmail.com, Discussion list for GROMACS users
>        <gmx-users at gromacs.org>
>

> Vitaly Chaban wrote:
>

>> P.S. Justin is extremely strict today. :)
>>

> Apologies if I've been coming of a bit dry or sarcastic.  I do try to help, at
> least by pointing individuals to the proper resources.  We seem to be getting
> the same questions day after day :)  I myself have received quite a bit of help
> from generous individuals.
>
> My motto is, "Teach a man to fish, and he'll be satisfied for life, but if you
> simply give him the fish, he'll ask you the next day why his fish gave a
> segmentation fault."
>
> -Justin

Yeah, it's a permanent problem. Every day new users come to gromacs
and every new user asks nearly the same questions. And nearly every
user is given the same answers by Justin  et al. :)

Maybe, it's worth to try a something like forum (for example free
phpBB engine, parallel with this gmx-users list) to categorize
questions and answers by topic? Of course, it is almost the same as
searching list archives and browsing wiki but perhaps it would be a
bit more convenient.

What do you think about, gromacs site maintainers?

P.S. Discussion board using by VASP users:
http://cms.mpi.univie.ac.at/vasp-forum/forum.php

--
Vitaly V. Chaban
School of Chemistry