[gmx-users] Imposing distance restraints between two

plmallip at mail.uh.edu plmallip at mail.uh.edu
Fri Aug 15 01:46:31 CEST 2008

Dear colleagues,
                  I thank Justin for your suggesting me the distance restraints.So, if I want to impose a distance restraint for 11.28 A between two atoms 4811 and 4812, I would include the following lines in the topology file.

[distance_restraints]
;ai       aj     type index  type'   low     up1    up2      fac
4811 4812  1      0       1      11.28  11.38  11.48  1.0

I am skeptical about low, up1 and up2 values. I used 11.28 as value for low, as this is the distance I want the the two atoms be far off. Up1 and up2 values, I added randomly 0.1 and 0.2 respectively to the low value. Let me know,  if I am correct.

regards,
Prema.