[gmx-users] groups to write to trr

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Sat Aug 23 23:24:21 CEST 2008

Shay Amram wrote:
> I think you should try using:
>
> *trjconv –f file.trr –o file_with_groups_of_interest.trr –n index.ndx *
>

> You should create the relevant index group (that includes all atoms of
> interest)  before invoking the above command. You'll be prompted to
> choose a group so choose the group you created and trjconv will write an
> output trr that includes the group you picked alone.

Is this the problem, or is the problem that your disk is getting dangerously
full during the simulation?

The risk you take with specifying trr-grps in an .mdp file is if your simulation
goes down (i.e., hardware failure, power outage).  If you haven't written the
whole system to the .trr file, you risk losing (potentially) a lot of computing
time.

-Justin

> Hope that helps.
>
> -Shay