[gmx-users] groups to write to trr

Vitaly Chaban chaban at univer.kharkov.ua
Sun Aug 24 07:33:02 CEST 2008

Shay,

Thanks. trjconv is good but we need to reduce the volume of TRR in such a way.

When you calculate VACFs (velocities are written every 5 or 10 fs and
the system size is 10 000 particles or more), the trr files with all
atoms in the system could be more than 10 Gb. And if one runs a series
of such tasks it's very tricky to find so much free space on the
cluster.
We are simply out of place. :(

Dear Developers,
Please make a key to control TRR output in the next release.

Thank you very much.

--
Vitaly V. Chaban
School of Chemistry