[gmx-users] infelicity in installation of 4.0.2

Martyn Winn martyn.winn at stfc.ac.uk
Tue Dec 2 12:23:16 CET 2008

Hi all,

I've compiled 4.0.2 from source on an EM64T machine running Ubuntu,
using ./configure --enable-shared
With all executables I've tried, I find:

mdw at ccp4v:~/gromacs/test_installation$ editconf
                         :-)  G  R  O  M  A  C  S  (-:

*** stack smashing detected ***: editconf terminated
Segmentation fault
mdw at ccp4v:~/gromacs/test_installation$ which editconf
/usr/local/gromacs/bin/editconf
mdw at ccp4v:~/gromacs/test_installation$ /usr/local/gromacs/bin/editconf
                         :-)  G  R  O  M  A  C  S  (-:

                 Good ROcking Metal Altar for Chronical Sinners

                            :-)  VERSION 4.0.2  (-:

i.e. it only runs fine if I specify the full path. Searching the
archives, I found that this was reported in April 07, with a reply that
it will be fixed in 3.3.2

Nothing more recent came up, but apologies if I missed it.

Cheers
Martyn

*               Dr. Martyn Winn                                       *
*   STFC Daresbury Laboratory, Daresbury, Warrington, WA4 4AD, U.K.   *
*   Tel: +44 1925 603455    E-mail: martyn.winn at stfc.ac.uk            *
*   Fax: +44 1925 603825    Skype name: martyn.winn                   *
*             URL: http://www.ccp4.ac.uk/martyn/                      *