[gmx-users] work from pulling simulation

chris.neale at utoronto.ca chris.neale at utoronto.ca
Thu Dec 4 05:01:00 CET 2008

1. What is Z_bead?
2. Could you give us a real .pdo file segment?
3. I can only assume AFM, or something similar, but need to see a pull
code input file. Can you provide one?
4. What version of gromacs?

This is all to say I don't have enough information. But from what I can see:

1. If you are using force averages, your equation for W seems totally
incorrect. You should be averaging forces in a given histogram bin of
z and then integrating over the general reaction coordinate of z. But
again, I have no idea what Z_bead means.

2. If you are doing average force by current position vs umbrella then
be sure that you take the negative (ensemble average of system force
equals negative ensemble average of umbrella force: see Neale et al.
Chem Phys Lett 460, 375-381 (2008). -- and lots of other papers I
imagine).

Chris.