[gmx-users] How to calculate the local electric field?

Zhang Zhigang zgzhangcn at gmail.com
Thu Dec 4 08:54:46 CET 2008

Hi, all,
     Is it possible to use an established program in Gromacs 4.0 package to
analysis the distributions of the local electric fields?
     Let me explain the situation clearer as following:
     In a pure water system, each molecule would "feel" a local electric
field (from the other molecules). Now I want to know the statistical
distribution and dynamics of the local electric fields that acts on the
hydrogen atoms.
     I would really appreciate if any one can tell me where I can find
the program directly without additional laborious programing.

Regards,

zgzhang