[gmx-users] Gromacs 4 bug?

Bernhard Knapp bernhard.knapp at meduniwien.ac.at
Tue Dec 16 12:25:29 CET 2008

Hi Berk,

I continued the simulation and it works fine (for the next few hours).
Then it gets stuck again. So it seems that the problem is not directly
related to gromacs. But it seems the interaction between the operating
system or the hardware does not work for a longer time.
We are using openSuse 11 and as hardware:  motherboard: MSI 7360 P35
Neo-F, cpu: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300, 4x 2.50GHz, ram: AENEON 2GB CL5
AET860UD00-25D, hd: SEAGATE 750 GB SATAII 16MB 7200. Do you see any
problems with that hardware? The simulations are running only on the
local 4 cores in parallel (not over the network)

Bernhard