[gmx-users] torsion potential with 7 parameters

Ángel Piñeiro fangel at usc.es
Fri Feb 1 09:59:03 CET 2008

Hi Xavier,
I made the fit but to reproduce well the original function I needed a
combination of two periodic functions with multiplicities non integer
plus one Ryckaert-Belleman potential (12 parameters in total!). So I
should put three contributions to each of these dihedrals in the
itp's... I found this solution a bit forced although I guess it should
work. However I have another problem: I need the itp to combine
perfluoroalkanes (PFA's) with lipids, for which I have topologies in the
gromos force field. Thus I decided to build a topology for the PFA's
based on the gromos force field but taking some parameters (angles and
FCCF dihedrals) from the Borodin (JPCB (106) 2002) Force Field. I have
some experimental properties (estructural and thermodynamic) available
for several PFA's that I can try to reproduce in order to check the new
topologies. I hope this works!

Regarding the tabulated potentials, as far as I understood they are not
implemented yet for bonded interactions, isn't it?

Best regards,

Angel.