[gmx-users] analysis of POPC

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Sat Feb 2 13:20:54 CET 2008

Quoting pragya chohan <pragyachohan at hotmail.com>:

> hello users
> I am trying to do analysis after bilayer simulation. I cannot get any
> experimental data on POPC to validate my model with. Can the people who are
> working on same lipid tell me some references and also what analysis should
> be done of the bilayer before putting protein into it?

I spent less than two minutes on Google and found papers giving all sorts of
experimental parameters (density, area per headgroup, bilayer thickness, etc).
I suggest you try the same.

In terms of the analysis you need to do, that is up to what question you are
asking and why you are simulating this particular lipid.  Refer to the
literature and find papers by groups that have simulated proteins in POPC (and
perhaps proteins in membranes in general) to determine what they have found
relevant, and apply the same to your system.

> Tried the new MSN Messenger? It’s cool! Download now.
> http://messenger.msn.com/Download/Default.aspx?mkt=en-in

Justin A. Lemkul
Graduate Research Assistant
jalemkul at vt.edu | (540) 231-9080