[gmx-users] Re: installation problem for MAC OS

Mark Abraham Mark.Abraham at anu.edu.au
Wed Feb 6 22:20:44 CET 2008

Warner Yuen wrote:
> Hi Gromacs Users
>
> I've looked at trying to build Gromacs 3.3.2 with the pretty much the
> same configuration and suggestions as below, but I am still running into
> the ld error:
>
> ld: in ../gmxlib/.libs/libgmx.a(nb_kernel300_ia32_3dnow.o), in section
> __TEXT,__text reloc 1: bad pc-rel vanilla relocation length
>
> Any other suggestions?

Computers are exacting, and so do you need to be when using them, and
reporting problems. "pretty much" the same as another user configuring a
3rd-party modification of GROMACS could mean anything, even if the
people you're trying to get free help from can be bothered making sense
of that thread you quoted. They'll be much more interested in what
configure command(s) you are actually using, on what hardware and on
what OS with what results. :-)