[gmx-users] Re: installation problem for MAC OS

Warner Yuen wyuen at apple.com
Thu Feb 7 20:52:44 CET 2008

My apologies. I should have known better, but was too lazy to type all
the configurations I tried. Its kind of like hitting the "I'm feeling
lucky" button on Google. Anyway here's what I tried and always getting
the following error:

ld: in ../gmxlib/.libs/libgmx.a(nb_kernel204_ia32_sse.o), in section
__TEXT,__text reloc 1: bad pc-rel vanilla relocation length collect2:
ld returned 1 exit status

make[3]: *** [grompp] Error 1
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: *** [all] Error 2
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

Compilers used:
gcc version 4.0.1 (Apple Inc. build 5465)
icc version 10.1.007
icc version 10.1.009

Gromacs:
version 3.3.1
version 3.3.2
./configure --prefix=/gromacs/gromacs_test
./configure --prefix=/gromacs/gromacs_test --disable-ia32-sse
./configure --prefix=/gromacs/gromacs_test --with-qmmm-cpmd --disable-
ia32-sse

FFTW-3.1.1
using gcc
./configure --enable-float