[gmx-users] "Lam" is not required for running parallel job

mark.abraham at anu.edu.au mark.abraham at anu.edu.au
Wed Feb 13 13:03:09 CET 2008

----- Original Message -----
From: sunita at chem.iitb.ac.in
Date: Wednesday, February 13, 2008 10:20 pm
Subject: Re: [gmx-users] "Lam" is not required for running parallel job
To: Discussion list for GROMACS users <gmx-users at gromacs.org>

You have an MPI library installed, else mpirun would not exist. Said library doesn't have to be called LAM, however. It also existed when someone compiled mdrun_mpi, unless they actually did it single-processor and your above snippets don't reflect what you're actually doing.

It's a good idea when seeking feedback to give full information, e.g. copying and pasting your actual commands. If the contents of your head were always right, you would probably already have solved your own problem. Accordingly, we'd much prefer know what you actually did, rather than something that's been filtered through your head. :-)