[gmx-users] "Lam" is not required for running parallel job

sunita at chem.iitb.ac.in sunita at chem.iitb.ac.in
Wed Feb 13 13:17:33 CET 2008

Thank you Mark.

Sorry, I forgot to mention that I already installed MPI library. I used
following .rpm files to install MPI.

openmpi-1.2.3-4.fc8.i386.rpm
openmpi-devel-1.2.3-4.fc8.i386.rpm
openmpi-libs-1.2.3-4.fc8.i386.rpm

The details of the installation:

Step 1: FFTW (fftw-3.0.1.tar.gz)
Step 2. MPI   (all the above openmpi rpms)
Step 3. GROMACS (gromacs-3.3.1.tar.gz)

The output of "which mpirun" is
[sanjay at proline ~]$ which mpirun
/usr/bin/mpirun
[sanjay at proline ~]$

I was thinking MPI and LAM are to be installed separately.
That's what confused me. But, now it is clear.
Thank you again.

Regards,
sunita