[gmx-users] toluene tutorial sc-power value

Maik Goette mgoette at mpi-bpc.mpg.de
Fri Feb 15 10:07:46 CET 2008

I had a veeery short look into the tutorial and found an error.

DG_hyd=DG_1-DG_3-DG_2 for the cycle is wrong.

The correct cycle would be:

DG_1+DG_3=DG_hyd+DG_2

=>DG_hyd=DG_1-DG_2+DG_3 with DG_3 =0

So its:
DG_hyd=DG_1-DG_2 instead of DG_hyd=DG_1-DG_3

Anyway, this won't help you, cause the only effect is a change of the
sign to +19 and therefore worse.

Can you show me the topology, you made?
As far as the free energy experts here discussed it, sc-power=2
shouldn't be the lambda-dependance of choice.
I can agree to that from my simulations.

regards

Maik Goette, Dipl. Biol.
Theoretical & computational biophysics department
Am Fassberg 11
37077 Goettingen
Germany
Tel.  : ++49 551 201 2310