[gmx-users] Selection of multiple residues

Bjoern Windshuegel bjorn.windshugel at uku.fi
Fri Feb 22 12:23:30 CET 2008

Hi,

index files contain groups of atoms represented by their atom number. Just
check an index file how it is constructed. By default, there are several
groups (System, Protein, Protein-H, etc.).
So if you want to work with a range of residues (e.g. 1-300) just create a new
group and copy the atom indices of those residues (1-xxxx) from another group
into it (But carefully check from which existing group you are copying,
depends on what you are interested).

Best regards,

Björn

Email: bjorn.windshugel at uku.fi