[gmx-users] Re: Dose the GROMOS FF favour beta-sheets?

pascal.baillod at epfl.ch pascal.baillod at epfl.ch
Fri Feb 22 14:51:57 CET 2008

Hi Tsjerk,

Thank you very much for your answer! I use the 43a1 force field. Here are two
references of comparative force field studies that suggest that gromos-g96
favours beta sheets. I would be interested in any other study with similar or
different conclusions.

Yoda, T.; Sugita, Y. & Okamoto, Y. Secondary-structure preference of
force-fields for proteins evaluated by generalized-ensemble simulations Chemical
Physics, 2004, 307, 269-283

Yuguang, M.; Kosov, D. S. & Stock, G. Conformational Dynamics of Trialanine in
Water. 2. Comparison of AMBER, CHARMM, GROMOS, and OPLS Force Fields to NMR and
Infrared Experiments J Phys Chem B, 2003, 107, 5064-5073

Best regards,

Pascal