[gmx-users] g_rmsf fitting

tangxuan tangxuan82 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 3 22:31:00 CET 2008

Hi Tsjerk,
Yes, you are right. My protein has multiple subunits.  I have a original
tpr file ref1.tpr which is the input to start the simulation. I have
checked the protein structure
in this tpr file. The subunits have no contact each other obviously,
without jump in them and I can not see an intact protein. However, the
structure in the frames  shows that there is a whole protein with jump.
Therefore, the structure in the tpr file is different from the structure
in the first frame.
The simulation is 30ns long and I am trying to calculate the rmsf
between 20ns and 30ns. I removed the jumps in whole simulation(trjconv
-f .xtc(.trr) -s ref1.tpr -pbc nojump) first and  got the nojump xtc
file between 20ns and 30ns. The main difference between is the tpr file
at 20ns(ref20.tpr) i used and two ways I have used to get it:
1)  used ref1.tpr and original trr file to get a tpr file at 20ns
ref20.tpr by tpbconv.
2) used ref1.tpr and nojump trr file to get a tpr file at 20ns ref20.tpr
by tpbconv.
then "g_rmsf -f .xtc (nojump) -s ref20.tpr   -res" is used to calculate
the rmsf.
I take out part of the result below and the results are from two methods
for same subunit.
1)
  62   0.1937
   63   0.2319