[gmx-users] topology treatment in free energy calculations -possible bug

Berk Hess gmx3 at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 4 16:37:03 CET 2008

This behavior is itentional.
But it can indeed be confusing.
Therefore in Gromacs 4.0 a warning will be generated (and I have added
a table in the manual that explains all the possible combinations).

If you explicitly define parameters for the A-state, I don't see why
you would want the B-parameters to be looked up based on atom-type.
You would only want that when the A-state parameters are also determined
by the atom type.

Berk.