[gmx-users] how to run MD of a new molecule using OPLS

Mark Abraham Mark.Abraham at anu.edu.au
Tue Jan 8 23:56:25 CET 2008

See http://wiki.gromacs.org/index.php/Parameterization

 > What a .pdb file should look like

As normal, you need atom and residue names corresponding to those for
your forcefield, as modified.

 > and what
 > .mdp variables are specificaly related to OPLS?

None. That's not what .mdp parameters are for. Roughly speaking, the
.top file and it's #includes define the model of physics for the system,
and the .mdp file controls the choice of algorithms for the simulation.
The two are interdependent, however.