[gmx-users] energy perturbation

Maik Goette mgoette at mpi-bpc.mpg.de
Wed Jan 9 09:23:18 CET 2008

Hi

If I'm not totally wrong, a howto setup a free energy perturbation
topology is written in the manual. Additionally David and others brought
up several links to tutorials here in the mailing list. So simply use
the search function and read the manual.

A perturbed atom entry for OPLSAA ( and in fact for all others) looks
like this:

#ID  TypeA         Resn  Resid  Atom  hargegr. ChargeA   Mass A   Type B
   Charge B  Mass B

12  opls_224B      2    TRP     CA      3       0.14     12.011
opls_223B 0.08 12.011

A general tip: Before proceeding, inform yourself about the different
free energy calculation methods and how they are used in GROMACS.
Especially have a look into "softcore" and be aware of using it JUST for
vdw morphing...

Regards

Maik Goette, Dipl. Biol.
Theoretical & computational biophysics department
Am Fassberg 11
37077 Goettingen
Germany
Tel.  : ++49 551 201 2310