[gmx-users] [Fwd: lipid simulation at low temperature (please help me to transmit the letter )]

Yang Ye leafyoung at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 13 16:21:55 CET 2008

posting for my friend as her network has some problem.

Dear gmx-users, I want to simulate lipid bilayers at temperature as low as 230K, will the water near the head group of lipid freeze? If I want to get a knowledge of the phase of lipid at temperature much lower than zero, what should I do? Can I couple different temperatures to lipid and water? For instance, the target temperature of lipipd is 230K , while the target temperature of water is higher than 273.15K? Any suggestion will be appreciated, thanks very much in advance.

Thanks very much

     Shanshan Qin