[gmx-users] dynamic cross correlation map

Qi Yan kid1412 at uab.edu
Tue Jan 15 20:33:11 CET 2008

Hi, all:

Does anybody know how to normalize the covariance matrix generated by
g_covar with option -xpma. For -ascii, these data is the whole
covariance matrix, which means the number in the matrix is 3N*3N (N is
the number of atoms and I just choose alpha C). Now, I want to get the
atomic covariance matrix for each atom pair the sum of the xx, yy and
zz. I know -xpma can implement that, but the results is not normalized,
it is hard to compared each other. So, I hope someone can tell me what
should I do now?

Thanks in advance.

Qi Yan

I think g_covar -ascii is what you are looking for.
I have a Maple script that does this kind of graph. If you want you can
contact me off list.

Regards.

Pedro.

2007/9/18, Dhananjay <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> Well, I have done 30ns MD simulation for a protein. The protein
consists
> of 4 loop regions.
> Using g_cover programme the covariance matrix have been generated and
> using g_anaeig programme with option -rmsf , along first 8 eigen
vectors the
> rms fluction of c-alpha atoms were plotted.
> But this is giving me just the information that  particular atom is
> fluctuating along particular direction.
> I want to know over a 30 ns simulation whether the motions of two
atoms or
> group of two atoms are correlated or anti correlated. For this I want
> form a dynamics cross correlation map in which I could get the precise
> information of group of atoms. The function  used for this kind of
analysis
> is
>
> C(i,j) = < delta r(i) * delta r(j) > /  sqrt < sqr(delta r(i) ) > .
sqrt <