[gmx-users] image control

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Tue Jan 15 20:48:32 CET 2008

Quoting Myunggi Yi <myunggi at gmail.com>:

> I don't think this is caused by VMD.
> The real coordinates of the part of the molicule in the .gro file (restart
> file from the end of simulation) will tell you.
> This means gromacs doesn't keep the whole molecule.

I have never known mdrun to write a broken molecule, so I would suspect the
visualization as well.

> Would you let me know what simulation setup you need for the cheking?
>
> I used editconf to convert the .pdb file to .gro file.

What .pdb structure?  Your statement above said you already had a .gro file.

> Since the structure (.pdb) was pre-equilibrated one, I did setup box size
> manually (not using editconf).

Why not?  Using editconf should produce the appropriate box dimensions at the
bottom of the output .gro file.

-Justin

Justin A. Lemkul
Graduate Research Assistant