[gmx-users] FEP trajectory errors

Maik Goette mgoette at mpi-bpc.mpg.de
Thu Jan 17 10:25:03 CET 2008

Robert

I think, I cant help you too much, cause your problem involves too many
sources of errors.
Your topology (if continued that way) seems to be ok.
Your TI-params seem to be ok, too.

First, make clear: Do you use Position RESTRAINTS or (distance)
CONSTRAINTS. There is a fundamental difference.

Second you should be aware of how to get out the restraint/constraint
term from your free energy, to get a correct one. Don't ask me how, I
don't know ;)

Second, I suppose, your restraints/constraints are wrong somehow. Please
give some info about the restraints/constraints and the mdp-entries, you
use.

I'm really wondering about the distortion of your base, cause this must
not happen if you perturb the bonded terms the way, you describe.

Be aware, that, if you position restraint with e.g. posre.itp,
B-parameters should be available there, too. I don't really know, if the
A-parameters in the posre-file will be copied to B, too. Test that with
a gmxdump.

Regards

Maik Goette, Dipl. Biol.
Theoretical & computational biophysics department
Am Fassberg 11
37077 Goettingen
Germany
Tel.  : ++49 551 201 2310