[gmx-users] Rugged dG/dlambda when turning off charges

van Bemmelen J.J.M.vanBemmelen at student.TUDelft.NL
Sat Jan 26 02:55:06 CET 2008

Hi Bob,

Yes, when only turning off charges sc_alpha can be safely set to zero.
This will probably give you a much smoother result, although I'm not
sure if it will take care of the enormous fluctuations you are seeing.

Have you done any error analysis? Maybe you're just experiencing very
bad convergence in the <dG/dlambda> values for each separate lambda
point.

Cheers,
Jeroen