[gmx-users] dihedral restraints in v3.3 different than v3.3.1 (or broken)

Behnoush Zare bzare at iums.ac.ir
Sun Jan 27 10:34:59 CET 2008

Dear Dr. Neale,

I try to perform dihedral_restraints on protein helices. Searching on this subject in the gromacs manual, wiki.gromacs and gmx-mailing list give me some clue but it is not clear for me yet. Also I did some you suggest in following address:
http://www.gromacs.org/pipermail/gmx-users/2006-December/025087.html

In my top file I added lines below and include all the atoms in the helices in case of A,B,C,D:

[ dihedral_restraints ]
; ai   aj    ak    al  type  label  phi  psi   dphi  kfac  power
   A    B     C     D    1     1    180  180     0     1      2

And in the mdp file I include these lines:
;dihedral restraints
dihre               =  simple
dihre_fc            =  100
dihre_tau           =  0.0
nstdihreout         =  50

But I have got error in processing the top file.

Fatal error:
Ther were 1 error(s) processing your input

I have referred to the manual and not found any thing about dihedral_restraints details. Would you please explain to me what I should do.
Thank you very much in advance for your kindness and expertize.

Best regards
Behnoush