[gmx-users] Problem regarding Complex ion addition by genbox

chris.neale at utoronto.ca chris.neale at utoronto.ca
Mon Jan 28 06:41:57 CET 2008

> I tried with genbox option with perticular concentration i.e.
> perticular
> number of each component like guanidium ion thiocynate ion & water
> molecule.But while doing PR(position restrain MD) it showing errors :
> constraints errors in algorithm shake at step 0. t=o.oo ps : water
> molecule starting at atom 3010 can not be settled. check for bad contacts
> and/or reduce the time steps.

Quote from 'genion -h',
"For larger ions, e.g. sulfate we recommended to use genbox."

If you must use genion for some reason then the only question I see is:
Did you do EM? If not then try that first. Also, for genion or genbox,
you might try simplifying your system. Take a box of water and use
genion to add a single guanidium. Then EM, then MD (dt=0.002). What
happens?

Chris.