[gmx-users] Virtual site and constraints

Maik Goette mgoette at mpi-bpc.mpg.de
Mon Jan 28 10:27:50 CET 2008

Virutal particles should not have any mass.
Its, e.g. for placing a delocalized charge (as in TIP4P) somewhere.
How about carefully reading the warnings and try to do, what they suggest?
How about this?:
 >      5   opls_966      1    FMT      D      1        12.011    0.0

Now you have a charge there and no mass. Thats, how virtual sites work.
If you want to use a "free energy dummy", you may have to use a
different approach.

Regards

Maik Goette, Dipl. Biol.
Theoretical & computational biophysics department
Am Fassberg 11
37077 Goettingen
Germany
Tel.  : ++49 551 201 2310