[gmx-users] Problem regarding Complex ion addition by genbox

chris.neale at utoronto.ca chris.neale at utoronto.ca
Mon Jan 28 17:00:42 CET 2008

> Thanks a lotfor responding me.Sorry for complexity.
> As you have suggest that in step 2.
> (2. Use editconf to put your guanidinium ion in a box of such a size so)>
>
>  In input X.gro file in editconf there will be one guanidium ion or total
> number of guanidium ion that is required for desired concentration.
>  How many guanidinium ion we will put in box & How to generate input .gro
> file in editconf in step 2 of your's siggested step.?

That is up to you. Read about genbox and you will see that you could
go either route if you wanted. The method that I suggested was for a
single ion in a box. Try that. Go ahead and use genconf if you want,
but that would be outside of what I have suggested. If you have
difficulty then make a test system with no protein, just an empty box
of desired size to start, and go through the procedure that I outlined
to see how it works.

Chris.