[gmx-users] Dihedral restraints

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Wed Jan 30 00:13:49 CET 2008

If I understand what you're trying to do correctly, you want to measure the
dihedral of some given sequence of backbone atoms in your peptide and restrain
this angle to the starting value.  Is that much correct?  I've gotten lost a
bit in this thread as to your intent, and as Mark pointed out, it's getting
difficult to follow.  If that is indeed the case, then Xavier gave you the
answer already.  Use g_angle on your starting structure, using an index group
that specifies the appropriate atoms.  The manual has clear explanations on how
to do this measurement.  I performed a similar calculation on an arbitrary
structure I had around and it worked in less than 2 seconds.

-Justin

Quoting Behnoush Zare <bzare at iums.ac.ir>:

> Dear Mark,
>
> Ofcourse I'm worth your and others time since I reffered to some text and
> gromacs manuals as you and xavier suggest to me and I'm very appreciated. But
> I didn't give any clue. After all I try to be more precise about the replies.
>
> Behnoush

Justin A. Lemkul
Graduate Research Assistant
jalemkul at vt.edu | (540) 231-9080