[gmx-users] Weird structure after minimization (membrane proteinsimulation

Alok alokjain at iitk.ac.in
Wed Jan 30 06:19:41 CET 2008

Dear Mark & Chris,

Thanks a lot for your help.

As both of you suggested I have increased the tolerence limit of the bond
(using VMD, as described by Chris), after increasing the Dynamic bond lenth,
the structure looks fine. So it means that during mimimization, position of
water hydrogens are moved further to their ideal limit. So what could be the
possible reason for that? Is this the problem of my initial structure or
that of mimimization parameters (em.mdp)?
what do you think about my plots from md_run data? Do they look fine or that
could be the root of the problem?

After having checked again I see that I had not got any LINCE warning for
protein atoms. I had got for water molecules only. As per your concern about
the algoritham, possibly this could be due to the report of first few N
LINCE warnings only. I am posting this issue to the developer also, But my
personnel opinion is that this may not be the case because in tpr file
protein comes first followed with water, so if there is any chiral inversion
or LINCE ERROR in protein it should have been reported first (Correct me if
I am wrong).

I was getting  LINCE warning in first equilibration run and not in
minimization.

about " comm_grps =  Protein_POP SOL   "  that was suggested by Dr. Xavier
some time ago.
http://www.gromacs.org/component/option,com_wrapper/Itemid,165/

I will also try " comm_grps =  system" and come back to you.

Thanks again for your precious help.

Regards,
Alok