[gmx-users] Re: Umbrella Sampling

Ilya Chorny ichorny at gmail.com
Wed Jan 30 19:17:05 CET 2008

I am attempting to pull a ligand through a channel protein. I have setup the
umbrella sampling code and it seems to be working just fine except I get
large jumps in the
deviation of each pulled group from its restrained position at 1 ps
intervals. I am pulling three groups all relative to the backbone(reference
group) of the protein only in the Z dimension. My output is as follows. I am
running 3.3.1 (I have to use 3.3.1 as I am using a windows cluster for my
simulations). Any ideas?

0.994000    -0.033192
0.996000    -0.033191
0.998000    -0.033189